– Thanks for dropping by!
Here at Snowy Mountains Wildlife Rescue LAOKO Inc we are a not-for-profit wildlife rescue group based in the Snowy Monaro region of NSW. Formed in 1988, we are the second longest running wildlife rescue group in NSW.
The area that we cover can be seen here.
Our group of trained volunteer carers assist in the rescue and care of native wildlife in the local area. Each year hundreds of native animals are injured or killed as a result of car accidents, dog attacks and human intervention in the form of unauthorised culling. Many young animals as a result are left orphaned and our organisation assists in the raising of these orphans and rehabilitating for release back into the wild. If you find an injured animal in our area, please contact us as soon as possible on (02) 6456 1313.
What we do and where donations go to
- 80% of funds go to subsidising food costs for wildlife in care. One kilo bag of non-dairy milk powder costs LAOKO $25. Wildlife carers pay $15 and LAOKO pays $10.
- To aid in the rehabilitation of sick or injured native wildlife. Our goal is to relocate rehabilitated wildlife back into the wild and for those that can’t be released then we will find them a suitable permanent home.
- To provide native wildlife in need of protection with long and short-term care – including those which are sick, injured, orphaned, neglected or which have suffered from mistreatment or cruelty.
- To help other wildlife organisations by sharing volunteers, equipment, information and supplies whenever and wherever possible.
- To provide and maintain an education program based on the principles of animal welfare, in addition to a conservation program – both directed towards a variety of ages/groups.
- Promote + grow our service to ensure wildlife will continue to be cared for in the Snowy Monaro Region for many generations to come.
We are also partnered with NSW Wildlife Council Inc.
CURRENT COMMITTEE MEMBERS and their contacts :
President – firstname.lastname@example.org – position vacant
Vice President Administration – email@example.com – Allyson Jennings
Vice President Operations – firstname.lastname@example.org – Kelly McMahon
Secretary – email@example.com – Michael Milne
HSEQ Co-ordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org – position vacant
Treasurer – email@example.com – Robyn George
Mange Officer – Monica Cowan – firstname.lastname@example.org
Snake and Reptile Co-ordinator – email@example.com – Angela Barns
Wombat Co-ordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org – Rebecca Cowan
Euthanasia Co-ordinator – email@example.com – Paul Dimmock
Emergency Phone Co-ordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org – Jamie Astridge
Training Co-ordinator – email@example.com – Michael Milne
Fundraising Co-ordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org – position vacant
Linda Milne – ordinary member – Animal co-ordinator
Diane Blyton – ordinary member – Firearms trainer
Shanta Woodhall – Grants coordinator
Paula Bosch – ordinary member
Katrina Roper – ordinary member
Suzanne Turner – ordinary member